Sunday 23 September 2012

Welcome to the Ginger Sky Blog

I wanted to start with a bit about who I am and what Ginger Sky is about, as well as what I'm going to be doing on this blog.

So, first of all a little bit about myself, well my name is Sarah and I'm originally from Newcastle but my various jobs have taken me around the country and at the moment I am living in East Yorks. My career background has mainly been in retail, project management and procurement in various different fields but that's the boring bits so I'll move on quickly.
It was about this time last year I decided that I wanted to become my own boss, I just needed an idea. I decided to combine two of the loves in my life, food and gadgets, and so Ginger Sky was born. The ethos behind Ginger Sky is to provide unique and interesting items and gadgets for the kitchen, things that make food and drink fun and interesting. Also, anything that helps make rustling up delicious food that little bit easier is always welcome. Essentially when deciding on the products there is one simple question I ask myself: "Do I want this in my kitchen?"

So, why the blog? Well, since I registered Ginger Sky in April 2012 I've been conducting research on products, the market and the competition and, with the help of some great friends, am almost in a position to start trading. I have also been running a Twitter account (@GingerSkyLtd) for the past month or so giving updates on what was happening. In this blog I'm going to give more of the personal side of the business, the challenges and accomplishments that I have been through and will go through in making Ginger Sky a success. I'm aiming to provide at least one blog entry a week but am also going to provide you all with some of my favourite recipes I've picked up along the way as well as some from local professional chefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment