Sunday 6 January 2013

2013: A Preview

It's the start of another year, they seem to be flying by at the moment, and the plan is to make 2013 a big one. I thought I'd start it with a look at the plan for Ginger Sky for the coming months.

It is important when planning anything to remain flexible and adaptable. Therefore, although these are my current plans, this does not mean they will all come to fruition. The industry and economy are constantly changing and as a result the needs of the business will evolve. I periodically review my plans to make sure they are still relevant to the current climate and make any changes where necessary.

For the first couple of months of 2013 I will mainly be looking to build up my product lines ready for launching my online store. I already have some great products from Molecule-r and am now working on bringing complimentary lines in from other suppliers. It's important that I find products that fit my vision for Ginger Sky as well as ones that work with my current stock. I'm close to being in a position to order more products so watch this space.

Also on the agenda for the start of the year is arranging a virtual office. This will provide me with a contact postal address for my company as well as being able to offer timesaving services such as phone answering and message taking. As the plan is to continue working full time this service could prove invaluable in the early months.

Both the extra stock and virtual office will be in place for when the website is ready to go live. I'll be working closely with the design team at Get Extra who are constructing the Ginger Sky site as we speak. This should be ready in the next month or two (depending on how demanding I am with my ideas) and the current plan is to start trading around Easter.

Throughout all of this I'll be continuing with this blog and continuing to provide delicious recipes for you all to try. You can follow us on Twitter (@GingerSkyLtd) for all the latest updates and I'm also planning on creating a Facebook page for those not on Twitter. There are a few other ideas in the early stages of development, such as discussions with local filmmakers about producing a short for Ginger Sky and discussions around a launch party, so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment