Saturday 10 November 2012

Exciting Week Ahead

Ginger Sky Ltd
Before I get onto what I have planned for the week ahead I want to mention some things that have happened this week, just to keep you up to date with how things are going.

This week has seen the arrival into the country of Ginger Sky’s first stock delivery. Unfortunately this has not arrived here at Ginger Sky Towers just yet as it is awaiting customs clearance before it can be forwarded to me, but it is only a matter of time. That gets me onto the main activity I’ve been doing this week, sorting out paperwork. The first was the invoicing with my suppliers, with them being based in Canada the only way to do this was via email, but with time differences it also meant this process was stretched out. As with all of these things, a bit of perseverance managed to sort it.

The main delays this week has been because this is my first import into the UK. This has meant completing HMRC forms which couldn’t be done until the order was on its way, as they needed various references etc. So while my goods arrived in the UK on Thursday it is unlikely they will be released until early next week. However, on the bright side, once this has been sorted I will then have a reference number, making all future imports much easier.

I know what you’re thinking, tax and customs, that’s what you’re going to blog about, really?!? Well, no, that’s not what I’m here to blog about, but at the same time it does help paint the picture of my journey on setting up Ginger Sky. Aside from the importing, this week has mainly been about planning for next week. On Monday the 12th Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) begins, and Ginger Sky is going to be a part of it.


On this very blog from Monday I will be hosting “A Week in the Life of a Startup Entrepreneur” where I will be sharing my day-to-day experiences as well as insights from what I’ve learned so far in business. I love sharing my experiences, knowledge and skills with anyone who needs them and being a part of GEW just seemed to make sense for me. I’ll be doing more of an introduction on Monday morning so be sure to check it out.

Want to get involved yourself? I’ll be opening the floor in the comments section for anyone to ask questions about my experience so far or to share their own experiences. Also, Global Entrepreneurship Week is taking place in 115 countries and last year reached over 200,000 current and potential entrepreneurs so there is sure to be a range of events in your area, check out their website http://www.gew.org.uk

Hope you get the chance to join us all week, and don’t worry you regulars, there will still be a tasty recipe mid-week for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment