Tuesday 13 November 2012

GEW: Tuesday

So, the arrival of my first lot of stock is imminent, and I have to say that I am getting a little excited, beacuase the order is full of amazing things like this….


Ginger Sky Ltd
The Cuisine R-Evolution Kit
The next task of the day is to work out with my web designer (@GetExtra) how these are going to look on the website. Being an online retailer it's important to remember that the website is the shop window and needs to look just right. I had to do my research and do some digging around before I found a designer who not only understood what I wanted for my website but also who shared my passion for creating something fun and unique. I found Get Extra who have been brilliant and, now that I've got some promotional material, can really make progress towards the finished site.

I want to leave you with another top tip if you're thinking of setting up a business, or indeed if you have already started on your journey, and that is to make sure that you're the one doing the steering. There is lots of great advice available (this week being a particularly good example) to startups but it's important that you mould the business into the shape you want it to be. Taking advice onboard and learning from the experiences of others is vital to making a business venture succeed, but remember to keep your passion for the subject - after all, that is why you started this business. By maintaining control over the direction of your business you can stay true to your initial vision, the vision that drove you to start out on your journey and the vision that is key to helping your business grow.

Finding that balance between taking on advice and experiences from others and sticking to your original vision can often be tricky. Learning from your mistakes is a great piece of advice but just as crucial is learning from your successes too. This not only helps you see the positive in your venture but also gives you a greater chance of repeating those successes in the future. My last piece of advice relating to this is; don’t be afraid to make the big decisions. Making and learning from a decision is much more productive than not making a decision at all and, who knows, you might just make that decision that pushes you ahead of the competition.

Thank you for reading again today, please feel free to use the comments section to ask any questions you may have or to tell us your top tips and/or experiences. I'll be back again tomorrow, if you want to know more in the meantime please join the conversation on twitter @GingerSkyLtd

No comments:

Post a Comment