Wednesday 14 November 2012

GEW: Wednesday

We’re half way through Global Entrepreneurship week, time is just flying by at the moment! I hope there is something you’re able to take away with you, whether it be from this blog or from many of the great events at www.gew.org.uk .
Ginger Sky Ltd
Today I have been looking into alternative marketing channels I can utilise for Ginger Sky. Traditionally the theory behind marketing is that the more you spend the more customers you’ll reach and more opportunities you can create. However, with the rise of social media networks it has become easier and more cost effective to market your potential customer base (although keep in mind that you still want to target your marketing effectively and tailor it to your specific audience).

With this in mind I am currently using Twitter (@GingerSkyLtd) to give updates on the progress I’m making and help create a bit of a buzz around the Ginger Sky name. My Twitter account works in tandem with this blog where I post more in depth weekly updates. I am also able create more foot traffic to my blog by posting great recipes regularly giving those not particularly interested in the small business angle (but who may be more interested in cooking or my great gadgets to assist with cooking) a reason to still visit my blog and hear the name Ginger Sky. Check back this evening for the latest recipe, a tasty Spicy Moroccan Lamb dish.

In the new year I am going to be launching a Facebook page to compliment the current Twitter and blog. However, I am looking to expand beyond these and am looking at producing some content for sites such as Youtube. By utilising my contacts I am hoping to produce a couple of clips whilst still keeping costs to a minimum – I will be doing this by roping in some willing actor friends thus opening another social market for me, reaching a wider range of people interested in spreading the name of Ginger Sky.

If you have any questions relating to social media or any other questions regarding the business or the blog please feel free to leave comments. Also, GEW UK are running a survey to record people's thoughts on the week, please take a couple of minutes to provide feedback through this link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GEW2012

No comments:

Post a Comment