Saturday 3 November 2012

It's All About The Wednesdays

Everything is so up and down at the moment, after the disappointing announcement last week, I have made so much progress this week but I can also see difficult weeks ahead.

I’ll start with a quick reminder about last week. It was with a tinge of sadness that last week I announced that my original plan to start trading in November was not going to happen. Following a meeting with the web designers it became clear that for the type of site I wanted it was going to take more time. Now, the earliest that this is going to be available is January, my own fault for wanting something different and special. However, this does not mean that I have stopped the hard work and in fact this week has seen some of the biggest strides so far in making my vision happen.
Ginger Sky Ltd
I don’t know what it is about Wednesday’s, last week was my meeting with the web designers, this week was the day it all became real. First on Wednesday was a meeting with a storage facility in Hull to sign the paperwork and get the keys to my very own unit (well, rented in Ginger Sky name at least). This was the first outgoing made in the name of Ginger Sky and so for me was a major milestone that at times over the last year I wondered if I’d ever get to.

As I then had a storage place it was full steam ahead with ordering stock. I’d already been in contact with a supplier and was just waiting for an address I could give them for shipping. As a result Wednesday afternoon saw the second spending in the name of Ginger Sky and the order of my first stock. It’s coming all the way from Canada so will be a good week or two before I get it in my hands but I’m getting excited about it already. I don’t want to give too much away just at the moment (will release more information in the weeks leading up to launch) but needless to say the stock I have ordered has been at the top of my list since the very start and really fits into the vision I have of unique and fun kitchenware.

But now, the upcoming difficult weeks. Well, I am now committed to paying monthly costs on my storage unit but as I haven’t got a website to start trading with I’m not going to have any income for at least 2 months. This in itself isn’t too much of an issue, but tied with the fact that to get the product ranges I really wanted I had to spend the best part of my original capital, I have a couple of tight months ahead. I am also now looking at other ways of raising some extra funds in the coming months leading up to launch, as I would really like to go live with a couple more product lines than what I currently have. It may take a bit of creativity but that’s the bit of this project that I enjoy. I see challenges as things to be overcome, not to get in the way, and so I’m sure I’ll be able to come up with something.

Can Sarah survive a couple of frugle months? Tune in next week, same Ginger time, same Ginger channel, to find out.*


*Although don’t forget our midweek tasty recipes and if you can’t wait that long for your Ginger Sky fix, follow us on twitter @GingerSkyLtd

No comments:

Post a Comment